Conservation stories are human stories.
They must be told by everyone.
Apply for the
Wild Idea Lab Diversity Scholarship
Conservation cannot be separated from culture, economy, justice, ethics nor any other part of human existence. It is essential that a wide diversity of voices and artistic visions contribute to the narrative of conservation issues. This is how we find effective, compassionate paths toward solutions.
Wild Idea Lab is committed to supporting the unique and important perspectives and talents of people who are typically under-represented or marginalized in the field of conservation visual storytelling, whether that is reflected in race, ethnicity, sex, gender, orientation, neurodiversity, or physical ableness.
In this effort, Wild Idea Lab offers a partial-scholarship program, which provides a reduced membership rate to photographers and filmmakers who are underrepresented in conservation visual storytelling and have a financial barrier to joining.
If you fit this description and are seeking a safe, helpful, and information-filled community so you can advance your skills and impact in conservation visual storytelling, you are invited to apply. Every month, we will select one applicant to receive the partial scholarship.
If your application is selected, you will receive an invitation to join Wild Idea Lab at a reduced membership rate of $300 per year (a $129 discount).
- You are not obliged to accept the invitation.
- If you do accept the invitation to join, your discounted rate is locked in for as long as you remain a member of Wild Idea Lab. Your membership rate will never increase.
- All other policies, guidelines and requirements for membership apply.
- We select one applicant per month from the pool of applications.
- If you have applied and haven't received an invite by the end of the month, it means your application was not selected. You are welcome to resubmit your application.